I was too, but I found a way to import your old data!
This way it will be possible to have all your sessions appear on your profile,
since the day you signed up to PSN!
EU citizen should do a GDPR request. I have attached a standard GDPR request below.
US and Canadian citizen can file a CCPA request here: https://ps-support.playstation.com/s/consumer-privacy
Everyone else can try either process, they will guide you in the right direction. I know that e.g. Russia works well with the GDPR process, despite it not being in the EU.
If you are asked what specific data you want to receive, ask for Game sessions and times, and other on-console activity (activities taking place on the device itself). You will receive an excel file after 4-8 weeks. Check if the Excel file includes a sheet called "Gameplay Detail" and check this sheet if everything's in there. This is the data that will be imported to your profile!
I will filter out all the things that are not related to you actually playing games (Netflix, MESSAGES PLUGIN, TROPHY PLUGIN, etc).
Please wait until you've received your data before moving forward.
If you're already a patron, great! If not, please support me. Send me something through PayPal, a PSN code or become a patron and let me receive at least 10€.
This is a private project and the process of importing your data is not automated yet. It takes me a few hours to complete.
Please be aware that the excel sheet will not be perfect and there will be some data missing. Personally I have some trophies that I received on days where I don't have any data in my excel file.
It is still a very good overview of your past gaming habits.
That's it, you're done. I will let you know once your profile is ready to take a look at.
All your lists, charts, graphs etc. will now contain all data since the day you signed up to PSN and not just the day since you added the bot as a friend.
I can make a some small corrections in case of data that was not imported correctly. Again, please be aware that the excel sheet will not be perfect and there is sometimes some data missing.
If you are a US or Canadian citizen, you can visit https://ps-support.playstation.com/s/consumer-privacy to submit your request. They will call you and ask for the same information I've put in the GDPR mail below.
If you're a EU citizen, send the below mail to to email@example.com. Don't forget to include the information to identify you!
To Whom It May Concern:
I am hereby requesting access according to Article 15 GDPR. Please confirm whether or not you are processing personal data (as defined by Article 4(1) and (2) GDPR) concerning me.In case you are, I am hereby requesting access to the following information pursuant to Article 15 GDPR:
- all personal data concerning me that you have stored;
- the purposes of the processing;
- the categories of personal data concerned;
- the recipients or categories of recipient to whom the personal data have been or will be disclosed;
- where possible, the envisaged period for which the personal data will be stored, or, if not possible, the criteria used to determine that period;
- where the personal data are not collected from the data subject, any available information as to their source;
- the existence of automated decision-making, including profiling, referred to in Article 22(1) and (4) GDPR and, at least in those cases, meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and the envisaged consequences of such processing for me.
- If you are transferring my personal data to a third country or an international organisation, I request to be informed about the appropriate safeguards according to Article 46 GDPR concerning the transfer.
Please make the personal data concerning me, which I have provided to you, available to me in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format as laid down in Article 20(1) GDPR.
My request explicitly includes any other services and companies for which you are the controller as defined by Article 4(7) GDPR.
As laid down in Article 12(3) GDPR, you have to provide the requested information to me without undue delay and in any event within one month of receipt of the request. According to Article 15(3) GDPR, you have to answer this request without cost to me.I am including the following information necessary to identify me:
- My PSN User name:
- My E-Mail:
- The serial number of my linked PlayStation:
- The four last numbers of the bank account / credit card linked to my account:
- Details of one of my last transaction:
If you do not answer my request within the stated period, I am reserving the right to take legal action against you and to lodge a complaint with the responsible supervisory authority.Yours sincerely