The process in more detail
1. File GDPR or CCPA Request
If you're a EU citizen, you should do a GDPR request. I have attached a standard GDPR request below.
If you're a US citizen, you can file CCPA request here: http://support.playstation.com/ccpa
If you're from somewhere else, I have no idea. Maybe you have some data law on which base you can request your data? I will be more than happy to add it here.
If you are asked what specific data you want to receive, ask for Game sessions and times, and other on-console activity (activities taking place on the device itself). You will receive an excel file after a few weeks. Check if the Excel file includes a sheet called "Gameplay Detail" and check this sheet if everything's in there. This is the data that will be imported to your profile!
I will filter out all the things that are not related to you actually playing games (Netflix, MESSAGES PLUGIN, TROPHY PLUGIN, etc).
Please wait until you've received your data before moving forward.
Data import is only available for supporters!
Any kind of support is not eligible for any refunds.
If you only want to support me because of this data import, that's totally fine. I don't blame you. Please get your data from Sony first and check the excel file you have received!
If you're already a patron, great! If not, please support me. Send me something from my amazon list, PayPal, a PSN code or become a patron and let me receive at least 10$ or 10€.
Find out how to support me
This is a 100% private project and I don't earn any money from this.
The the process of importing your data is not automated and takes me a few hours to complete.
It is still a very good overview of your past gaming habits.
Some things to consider:
Please be aware that the excel sheet will not be perfect and there will be some data missing. Personally I have some trophies that I received on days where I don't have any data in my excel file.
- The excel sheet contains A LOT of personal data, you should remove everything except the gameplay detail sheet.
- Do not modify the structure of the sheet!
- Please note that PS NOW games might be listed as PS4 games, because the excel file is not precise enough. You can get around that by putting "PS3" or "PS4" in the first column of the excel sheet.
- Send it to me by mail.
- I will import it, this can take up to a week as it is a manual process!
4. Take a look at your profile
That's it, you're done.
I will let you know once your profile is ready to take a look at.
Also I will make a few small corrections in case of data that was not imported correctly. Again, please be aware that the excel sheet will not be perfect.
If you are a US citizen, you can visit http://support.playstation.com/ccpa to submit your request. They will call you and ask for the same information I've put in the GDPR mail below.
If you're a EU citizen, send the below mail to to firstname.lastname@example.org. Don't forget to include the information to identify you!
To Whom It May Concern:
I am hereby requesting access according to Article 15 GDPR. Please confirm whether or not you are processing personal data (as defined by Article 4(1) and (2) GDPR) concerning me.
In case you are, I am hereby requesting access to the following information pursuant to Article 15 GDPR:
- all personal data concerning me that you have stored;
- the purposes of the processing;
- the categories of personal data concerned;
- the recipients or categories of recipient to whom the personal data have been or will be disclosed;
- where possible, the envisaged period for which the personal data will be stored, or, if not possible, the criteria used to determine that period;
- where the personal data are not collected from the data subject, any available information as to their source;
- the existence of automated decision-making, including profiling, referred to in Article 22(1) and (4) GDPR and, at least in those cases, meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and the envisaged consequences of such processing for me.
- If you are transferring my personal data to a third country or an international organisation, I request to be informed about the appropriate safeguards according to Article 46 GDPR concerning the transfer.
Please make the personal data concerning me, which I have provided to you, available to me in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format as laid down in Article 20(1) GDPR.
My request explicitly includes any other services and companies for which you are the controller as defined by Article 4(7) GDPR.
As laid down in Article 12(3) GDPR, you have to provide the requested information to me without undue delay and in any event within one month of receipt of the request. According to Article 15(3) GDPR, you have to answer this request without cost to me.
I am including the following information necessary to identify me:
- My PSN User name:
- My E-Mail:
- The serial number of my linked PlayStation:
- The four last numbers of the bank account / credit card linked to my account:
- Details of one of my last transaction:
If you do not answer my request within the stated period, I am reserving the right to take legal action against you and to lodge a complaint with the responsible supervisory authority.
If you don't do it right away, Sony will ask for more information and the process will a bit longer.
Remember to include your personal information. You should include at least your PSN username, e-mail and one of the other three options.